Home » FAQ
Does a mattress need to be firm to give me the correct support?
- There is a distinct difference between firm support and firm feel.
- The choice of comfort will be up to you but you can be sure that you are getting the correct support your body requires.
- All King Koil mattresses offer you the correct support irrespective of the comfort feel.
How do I process a warranty claim?
- Click to visit our Warranty section.
How do I know if I need a new mattress?
- Warning signs of needing a new mattress are:
- Decrease of comfort
- Decrease in support
- Waking up with backache
- Springs poking through the mattress
- Edge collapse
- Excessive wear and tear
Should I replace my base when purchasing a new mattress
- Even though your base may not be showing visible signs of wear and tear, you should buy a new base when purchasing a new mattress.
- The majority of the mattresses made in the past seven years are single-sided, meaning there is only one sleep surface.
- These mattresses have different base needs than previous models.
- In order to get the most out of your new mattress you should buy the matching base as it has been engineered for the specific mattress’ requirements.
- A great example of this is the Extended Life products which come with a eXtended Life Base which is innersprung and absorbs and relieves pressure from your mattress thus increasing it’s lifespan.
How much should I spend?
- Mattresses are available at a number of price points.
- Prices vary because of the various technologies used.
- Sleep is a very important part of a healthy lifestyle; take time to find a mattress that fits your comfort and support needs at a price you can afford.
How do I shop for a mattress?
- Click to visit our Buying Guide section.
What is a single sided mattress?
- Many of today’s mattresses are built with one sleep surface.
- This movement to single-sided construction has given manufacturers greater ability to construct more comfortable, more supportive and more durable mattresses.
- All King Koil mattresses are single-sided which eliminates the difficult task of flipping one’s mattress.
- It is recommended that you rotate a single-sided mattress regularly to refresh comfort layers.
How often should I rotate my mattress?
- First 3 months – Turn mattress every two weeks.
- After 3 months – Turn mattress every month.
Why and how should I rotate my mattress?
- Mattresses need to be rotated to achieve their maximum usable life. You can extend your mattress comfort and the durability of your new sleep set by setting a regular schedule for care and maintenance.
- For the first 3 months, your King Koil sleep set should be rotated every two weeks. After the initial 3 month period, you will only need to rotate your mattress once a month.
- First 3 Months – Turn mattress every two weeks.
- After 3 Months – – Turn mattress every month.
What are the different mattress sizes?
- 91 cm Single: Child
- 107 cm Three-Quarter: Teenager
- 137 cm Double: Adult (Guest room)
- 152 cm Queen: Couples (Master bedroom / Guest room)
- 183 cm King: For couples who want to have more room (Master bedroom)
- 200 cm Super King
Why do you not show prices with any of your mattresses?
- King Koil offers different mattress models encompassing a wide range of prices.
- You will be certain that you can find a King Koil mattress that meets your comfort needs at the price you want to pay.
- Visit your local retailer for product availability and pricing.
- For a list of retailers near you simply click on the Find Your King Koil